• The applicants must have a B.S. degree in engineering or a closely-related field from an accredited program.
• Have a GPA of at least 3.0 in the last two years of undergraduate studies, or a GPA of at least 2.5 in conjunction with significant related work experience. No GRE score is required.
Complete the APPLICATION FORM (CLICK HERE), sign, scan and send it in PDF format to Dr. Cesar Levy at Cesar.Levy@fiu.edu.
• A total of 18 credit hours (6 three-credit courses) must be completed with a GPA of 3.0 or better to receive the Graduate Certificate in Mechanical Engineering. Two courses (six credits) are core courses and must be taken by all students. The remaining twelve credits (four courses) may be selected from one of two concentration areas.
Core Courses (6 credits)
EGM 5346 Computational
Engineering Analysis (3 credits)
EGM 5354 Finite
Element Method Applications in Mechanical Engineering (3
EGM 6422 Advanced
Analysis of Mechanical Systems (3 credits)
Elective Courses (12 credits)
Select four courses from either Design, Mechanics and Robotics, or Thermo-Fluids concentration area:
Design, Mechanics and Robotics Area
• EML 5385 Identification Techniques of Mechanical Systems
• EML 5505 Smart Machine Design and Development
• EML 5530 Intermediate CAD/CAE
• EGM 5615 Synthesis of Engineering Mechanics
• EML 5808 Control Technology for Robotic Systems
• EML 6805 Advanced Design of Robots
• EML 5103 Intermediate Thermodynamics
• EML 5152 Intermediate Heat Transfer
• EML 5606C Advanced Refrigeration & AC Systems
• EML 5709 Intermediate Fluid Mechanics
• EML 5725 Computational Fluid Dynamics
|Dr. Cesar Levy|
|Carmen Schenck||Florida International University|
|FIU Engineering Center||Engineering Center|
|Room EC 3254||Department of Mechanical & Materials Engineering|
|Phone: 305-348-4183||10555 West Flagler Street|
|E-mail: Carmen.Schenck@fiu.edu||Miami, Florida 33174|